There’s no overestimating the importance of controlling your cholesterol. The CDC says it as directly as possible…”People with high cholesterol have about twice the risk of heart disease as people with lower levels.”
The fact is more than 40% of all Americans have higher-than-normal cholesterol levels. You can take steps not to be one of them.
Perhaps no vital health topic is as confounding as cholesterol. How can there be “good” and “bad” cholesterol? Just what is cholesterol anyway? And why the concern about elevated triglycerides?
Is there more to it than just numbers? Who should be tested? When? How often? Which tests are most revealing? Which tests are most accurate? And why do the guidelines keep changing?
And most important…what can you do to attain and maintain the cholesterol levels that are most compatible and valuable to improved cardiovascular fitness, greater security from heart attack and stroke, and added and lasting protection from heart disease?
Managing Your Cholesterol is an empowering online course that will add to your understanding of cholesterol’s impact on vascular health and introduce you to the strategies and tools you can use to control cholesterol with safety, confidence, and success.
It’s the course that gives you the answers!
In this new online course, you’ll find…
- the new, once-a-month injection that can cut LDL levels in half!
- how to calculate your 10-year risk of a heart attack — in just one minute!
- three surprising culprits that can deceptively raise your CRP levels
- 10 risk-enhancing factors you — and your doctor — should consider
- six easy diet tips to lower your triglycerides
- the “tie-breaker test” that could save you from unneeded medication
- should your toddler be tested? Two reasons why the answer may be “yes”
- how to quell — and conquer — harmful cholesterol-triggered inflammation
- And much more!
You’ll find welcome and encouraging guidance to assess your condition, address your concerns, and achieve your goals.
You’ll learn about the advances and discoveries that are making effective cholesterol control a reality…
|the breakfast alternative with three times more beneficial fiber than oatmeal!three proven, easy-to-follow ways to lower your triglyceride levels — without medications.what is a coronary artery calcium scan — and could it be a smart investment for you?the one exercise regimen that can reduce the proportion of harmful small LDL particles.a low-cost OTC drug that can lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise good cholesterol (HDL) too!new evidence of the protective power of statins against fractures, arthritis, and even Alzheimer’s!|
Let this remarkable new online learning course show you the “take-charge” techniques that are transforming cholesterol control and giving you renewed protection from a heart attack or stroke.
What’s gone up, can come down! Harvard Health Publishing’s Managing Your Cholesterol will show you how!
Managing Your Cholesterol is a dynamic, interactive, audio visual course packed with content and designed for convenience. You choose the time and you set the pace. The course lets you:
- Get information you can use from a source you can trust
- Enjoy guidance from America’s top cardio-vascular experts when and where it’s most convenient for you
- Watch, pause, and watch again as often as you want
- Share the learning experience with your spouse and loved ones
- Includes downloadable charts, quizzes, video presentations, a resource library, bonus coverage, and more!
Bible verses for today’s meditation and inspiration: Matthew E. McLaren
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14 NIV
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2 NIV
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24 NIV
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12 NIV
Recommended contacts for prayer request and Bible study